Friday, December 21, 2007

Poo

so the other day I was walking down the streets of Pune with some friends to find a coffee shop and with the front of my sandal scooped up the biggest juiciest pile of cow poo you ever did see. i washed it off in the bathroom at the fancy coffee shop. it squished between my toes.

about a week ago I was at an ashram about 2 hours outside of Nagpur. I signed up to do "biogas crew." We walked into the barn after breakfast and Vasant explained how the biogas machine worked then told us we'd be collecting cow poo. no shovels. we used our hands to put it in baskets and take it to the slurry tank. not the end of story. then he showed us the stirring mechanism. it was broken. again with the hands, but with water this time. get all the chunks out! up to our elbows. mmmmmm. but the lights turned on that night...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Emma darlin I can't tell you how much I am appreciating my electric lights tonight.
Love from Betsy